Coupa declared it has obtained Pana, a company of journey booking technological know-how and the 2nd T&E service provider that Coupa has landed in its past 14 months of large M&A exercise.
The suite provider of solutions for business enterprise invest administration (BSM) stated in its earnings call very last 7 days that Pana offers Coupa a lot more capabilities with usual journey bookings and that the company’s progressive considering, folks and lifestyle were being a fantastic in shape.
In its most current federal 10-K filing with the SEC, Coupa mentioned it “paid combination income of approximately $48.5 million and issued 23,822 shares of our widespread stock” in the Pana offer. Coupa’s inventory rates previous week ranged from about $285 to $252 for each share.
Due to the fact January 2020, Coupa has acquired the journey rebooking specialist Yapta the range/provider marriage administration professionals ConnXus a treasury provider in BELLIN (which alone later obtained a treasury danger alternative called Significantly-Net) and LLamasoft, a provide chain management and setting up company. (See Devote Matters’ in-depth analyst coverage of Coupa under.)
Pana bought a short mention in Coupa’s earning report, but it generated a whole lot of interest on the earnings call, with numerous economical analysts having inquiries for Coupa’s CEO.
In CEO Rob Bernshteyn’s opening remarks, he dealt with the worries of the coronavirus disruption for Coupa’s shoppers, for Coupa by itself and its M&A growth.
And he specifically targeted on February’s Pana offer.
“Pana’s (travel) scheduling engine will allow us to create upon our success in price management and additional unlock our likely with our Travel Saver providing,” he said.
“This acquisition is all about deepening that price for our prospects whilst broadening our set of abilities. This offer is regular with our M&A approach of adding technologies factors that improve and greatly enhance the value of our natural and organic transactional core engine and/or augmenting this motor with crucial advanced energy programs that enhance the price of these transactions.
“In earning the final decision to obtain Pana, we deemed society 1st, we regarded buy-vs.-develop, and we regarded as no matter if it could rapidly be built-in into our system though maintaining a seamless expertise for users. … This acquisition checks all of these bins.”
Piper Sandler economic analyst Brent Bracelin questioned Coupa what it experienced learned in the last year since acquiring the travel agency Yapta that designed it want to “double down on journey and expenditure administration, and what was distinctive about Pana that captivated you to that organization?”
Bernshteyn claimed the engineering was revolutionary and that Coupa options to use it by itself soon.
“One of the issues that is distinctly exceptional about that company is the lifestyle and the folks and the passion they have for this group,” he claimed. “It’s a classification that we have viewed and have been in some way component of for really some time now, and that’s No. 1.
“No. 2, they took a really innovative tactic, a really clever, patent-pending strategy to sorting out the really generic vacation bookings system that is commonplace in our marketplace. …
“So producing that transactional construct component of our all round expenditure administration presenting and thus section of our all round enterprise commit management offering just appeared like a full no-brainer to us. And we are very well underway to integrating that featuring already, and we look ahead to have it becoming in market with that as one integrated suite in this article incredibly, extremely soon. We look forward to heading dwell on (it) ourselves here in our very own My Coupa natural environment soon as well.”
See Commit Matters’ coverage of Coupa and its obtained solutions:
- Coupa and complexity: Acquisitions, tech integration and client concerns [PRO] Dec. 2020
- Coupa’s Largest Acquisition But (Part 1) — LLamasoft Transaction Overview, First Musings and Deal Tailwinds [Nexus] Nov. 2020
- LLamasoft and Coupa: Exploring Procurement, Finance and Source Chain Use Instances for Currently and Tomorrow [PRO] Nov. 2020
- Coupa acquires LLamasoft: Defining and Exploring the Overlap Involving Direct Procurement and Provide Chain [PRO] Nov. 2020
- Coupa acquisition: A practical overview of LLamasoft’s offer chain design providing and its intersections with procurement options [PRO] Nov. 2020
- Coupa purchases Yapta: A glance at the T&E offer and company capabilities [PRO] 2020
- 3 Offers Sign a Changing M&A Landscape in Procurement Engineering and Solutions (Part 1: Coupa-ConnXus) [Nexus] Could 2020
- Coupa buys ConnXus: Product or service Qualifications and Offer Rationale [PRO] May perhaps 2020
- Coupa acquires BELLIN, focusing on treasury administration (Component 1: BELLIN Investigation, Treasury Background, TMS Components & Procurement / AP Intersections)[Nexus] June 2020
- Coupa, BELLIN and Treasury Management Techniques: What CPOs and CFOs need to know about TMS and hyperlinks to procurement know-how (S2P, P2P, AP) [PRO] June 2020
- Coupa acquires BELLIN, targeting treasury management (Section 2: TMS Market, Competition and TAM / Market-Sizing Issues) [Nexus] June 2020
- Coupa’s 3 Unique Forces Teams (Section 1: Corporate Advancement) [NEXUS] JASON BUSCH – July 2, 2019
- Coupa’s 3 Unique Forces Groups (Aspect 2: Alliances + Business enterprise Enhancement) [NEXUS]
- Coupa’s 3 Special Forces Groups (Element 3: Benefit Engineering + Consumer Results) [NEXUS]
- Coupa buys Yapta: A seem at the T&E offer and supplier abilities [PRO] ANDREW KARPIE, MAGNUS BERGFORS AND Devote Matters ANALYST Crew January 8, 2020
- At Coupa Encourage in London, 2 sport-switching innovations barely received a mention MICHAEL LAMOUREUX – November 18, 2019
- Coupa’s ‘Below the Enterprise Level’ Top secret Sauce (Aspect 1: Dissecting What Makes It Appealing for SMB and Center Sector Procurement) [PRO] Commit Matters ANALYST Team – October 24, 2019
- Coupa CLM: Seller Assessment Update January 24, 2019
- Aquiire: Vendor Evaluation (Part 1) — Qualifications and Option Overview September 17, 2018
- Aquiire: Vendor Evaluation (Portion 2) — Product or service Strengths and Weaknesses September 18, 2018
- Aquiire: Vendor Investigation (Section 3) — Summary and Competitive Analysis September 19, 2018
- Coupa: Vendor Assessment (Aspect 1) — History and Solution Overview (2018 Update) August 20, 2018
- Coupa: Vendor Investigation (Aspect 2) — Product or service Strengths and Weaknesses (2018 Update) August 21, 2018
- Coupa: Vendor Assessment (Element 3) — Commentary and Summary Investigation (2018 Update) October 4, 2018
- Simeno: Seller Examination (Component 1) — Qualifications & Alternative Overview January 25, 2017
- Simeno: Vendor Analysis (Element 2) — Merchandise Strengths and Weaknesses January 30, 2017
- Simeno: Vendor Analysis (Part 3) — Summary and Aggressive Analysis February 1, 2017
- Shell out360: Vendor Investigation (Portion 1) – Track record and Solution Overview October 12, 2016
- Spend360: Vendor Examination (Element 2) – Merchandise Strengths and Weaknesses Oct 13, 2016